Twin sashes in the works. I added some gold lace applique on the black one for some finer detail. Felt that the gold trim was getting lost.
Nightlife with Miss P
My guilty pleasure is to collect tamagotchi :D haven’t added any recently but I still have my very first one from middle school!
Special echarpe in the works. Not sure if I will be listing this in the future or not. There will be a matching black version; it’s a commissioned piece and I’ve been given full control of the design. It’ll be made to match Puppet Circus in black! But as a test (and to make a twin version for myself) I made this one to see how everything will look together.
Just finished up this little weekend project :D I’ve had this particular fabric stashed for years; I think I had plans to use it for some other project that I’ve long since forgotten.
I used the pattern from the Girls Style Book. I bought this book a while back with the mindset of making more clothes for Miss P but haven’t gotten around to it until this weekend. It’s been cloudy and rainy here so it was a good project for staying indoors.
This was my very first time in making bias tape and it was a total labor of love. I used a cute blue with white daisy fat quarter that I cut up into strips and to sew together. The most tedious part of it was having to carefully iron the 1 1/4” strip into a double fold bias tape. It required a lot of folding, pinning, and ironing. I think if I ever decide on sewing more clothes in the future I would like to invest in a bias tape maker or something to speed up the process.
I added some pin tucks on the bottom of the skirt to shorten a bit. Miss P runs and jumps around a lot and the skirt barely skimmed the top of her feet so I figured it’d be best to shorten it for less of a trip hazard. I also added the extra detailing in using the extra bias tape to decorate the waist and the bottom of the dress (the pattern only uses it for the arms and collar). I also used an iron on patch for a little splash of red on the bodice.